Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I think you have a different definition of what amazing sound is.

I'm running ScanSpeak for my front stage, no rear speakers, no center channel, Zapco amp, arc PS8 sound processor and a Audison Bitplay going fiber optic into the ps8, that sounds amazing to me.. Not just about SPL. I personally hate surround sound for music. I want music only in front of me with a clear sound stage, that places individual sounds in specific locations on the stage. I leave surround sound for movies.
In my home, when it comes to music, I only enjoy pure 2 channel, then of course I have a nice 7.2 setup for Movies and the like. I have a beautiful MartinLogan EM C2 center for crystal clear voices and action. I know very well what amazing is, but sound as we know is so subjective and everyone has a different "ear". In my X3 BMW, I prefer to hear sounds from everywhere, plus if I only had a front stage, my rear passengers will not get a good direct path to the sound. Yes I do care about them in the back, lol, most of the time it's my kids.

Nice setup you have, but I wouldn't go ScanSpeck, I would go Focal or DynaAudio, or even JL Audio. If I were to get fronts only, they would cost at least $1000, because they have to make a statement. not no $500 components...so much cheap ish out here that people fall into...but I see you spend where necessary also. At least you can listen to some nice FLAC files in there....sounds soo crispy clean
I replaced my Focals with Scanspeak, unless you go Utopia.. Focal doesn't compare to Scanspeak illuminators, they are on a different level, especially when it comes to the tweeters. Scanspeak is about as good as they come.

I had my Focals for about 5 years, and it was night and day when I switched them out. I drive a coupe so rear speakers aren't that important to me.

Speakers I really want at home are the Sonus Faber Olympica iii off some Mcintosh amps. Going to be a while till I can get those haha.

And LOL! at JL audio over Scanspeak