DG330
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eniak View Post
Hi,

I also have 320i from 2012. Fun fact: it looks the same as yours.

I used to have the same problem - blue smoke during morning startup. The oil feed line was the issue, as mentioned before in this thread. The mechanics checked the turbo and some other places and couldn't really find the obvious cause. I decided to take a leap of faith with it and asked for the replacement of this particular part.

No blue smoke since then.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Are you in the UK or America? How many miles was it until it smoked?

I asked my dealer and they know nothing of this issue! But then the UK was diesel diesel diesel, until the VW scandal. So probably didn't see enough issues in the UK

I've just bought the gasket kit and going to order the feed line from bmw then I'll fit and hope for the best. Just hope it's not the turbo as I don't fancy doing the job twice.

Strangely my car didn't smoke much at start up today after 24 hours sitting. It was when I gave it a few throttle blips it came out then stopped. However I'm seeing lots of oil around the turbo so pretty sure it's that.

Also, I'll be doing a compression test (for good measure) I'll post results, but would be good to know what expect. Guessing it should be about 145-150+ at 10:1
Appreciate 0