freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranfx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishoret View Post
The main reason for me to upgrade to 8.8 is to enjoy the Apple TV ... i have bimmer-tech smartview HD ... but after looking at the display brightness little disappointed.

One more hint to you ... whats the resolution you have set ? are u using 8.8_1280 by xxx as said in this forum ? reason i am asking is .. after watching few videos i felt very disappointed with this resolution ... so as a try i used 10.25_1600x600 resolution and it feels way better.

trying to see if there is any temperature related FDL ... so brightness can be increased ... let me know if you come across any.
Is your car LCI? I've non-LCI F30 2015 6.5" no navigation. And I'm thinking of 10.25" screen instead. Any idea if it will work?
Mine is also non lci ... but i am not sure if a 10.5 inch screen will fit in to 6.5 inch slot or not ... even if it fits I doubt the 6.5 inch voltage output can't drive the 10.5 inch screen

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0