View Single Post
      11-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
Tribalpinoy911
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F34

Edit: The previous post i used led lights point at different angles to find the swirls in a garage could not find any. Under sunlight however, I noticed very faint holograms in a straight vertical pattern that would move across the surface evenly.

After some research I bought Menzerna 3800 polish and went to work. I checked before and after to see what the results were going to be. The menzernas helped a lot on this very soft paint BSM I have. HOWEVER, This time when i pulled the car out into the sun I noticed deep looking holograms. This was due to the gtechnic csv3 i applied right after the polishing. I sprayed with IPA and the hologram like reflections were removed. I saw some holograms still on the car and now I'm completely puzzled. The hood is fawless no holos, i used a 4 in white polishing pad. The doors i used a 6.5 pad and i think that was caused the marks. My white LC polishing pad i noticed was very dense and stiff like an orange pad unlike my 4in white polishing pad that was very soft and squishy. I'm thinking I was mistakenly sent a heavy duty pad.

I ordered a astro pneumatic 50sl light thats supposed to match the sunlight so i can spot these without needing the suns light.

In a panic i hid the holos using a wax. I plan on wiping down with an IPA this weekend and re assessing followed by utilizing my white 4in pad with the menzernas, if that doesn't work out perfectly I'll step up to a 4in black finishing pad
Appreciate 0