10-22-2020, 08:03 AM   #4
Nircom
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionaut View Post
Nir— I’m pretty sure such certifications are particular to wheel sizes, and even manufacturer. And as mentioned by Nate, the rules in your country of registration.

For example, I have documentation that a 245/40-18 square tire setup was TUV-certified for my Sparco Podio HLT 18x8 wheels on the 435i. The cert is by wheel manufacturer, O.Z. here, and wheel model/size and vehicle/chassis. I believe this wheel cert shows they also approved a 225/45 tire on the same wheel for this car. Good if you’re required to run a TUV-certified wheel-tire setup.

If you need like documentation for BMW OEM wheels, I’m not sure if BMW publishes them. But I’m fairly certain they never certified a 275/285 rear tire on any wheel they made available on the 335i.

I think you need to look to wheel-tire combo certifications from aftermarket wheel manufacturers for their 335 fitment wheels, that they had tested. Someone might have tested a 10” wide wheel on a 335... But the way I understand how the certs work - they go with the wheel & tire size, so it doesn’t say any wheel is approved with that width tire...

<likely not what you were hoping to hear>

thanks. the "funny" thing is that from a legal point of view the regulation here says nothing about the wheel width. only the tire size is listed and the max width is 255, so this limits me to 9" or 9.5" wheels. Some wheel manufactures (like vorstiener) doesn't make 9.5" wheel setup for the f30, and 255 is too streched on a 10" wheel.

Choosing wheels is hard enought without these limitations.
I guess I will have to look for 9.5" wheel and 255 tires
Appreciate 0