View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 02:44 AM   #7
ArthurKing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D F30

Monetary wise, I don't think its going to make much difference at the 10 year point.

My only concern would be 'sell-ability' (probably not a word) in terms of limiting your target audience when selling. Personally, I wouldn't buy a car without FSH purely because I couldn't be bothered with the potential drama of having to move it on when I am done with it but perhaps that is just me and others would be fine with it.

The cost of servicing parts is often dirt cheap if you go via ECP when they have a 50% offer on so there are decent savings.

Our F30 has full dealer SH and I will keep it up, likely because I am going to extend the warranty and I don't want a row if something breaks and they try to say anything about servicing outside the dealer network, I can't be arsed with the drama.

Personally I tend to get the servicing done as per the iDrive schedule at a garage, whether dealer or independent and then change the oil and filter on the opposite year myself as I don't trust 2 year 18k servicing, I feel its not frequent enough.
Appreciate 0