View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 06:23 AM   #12
F30lancs
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i msport

LAgree no garage seems to take the same pride and care in comparison to doing it yourself. I now have had 2 cars come back from a cabin filter change whereby they havent screwed the 10mm bolts under the glovebox back on. No big deal but makes you think would they do that to their own car. In 10 yrs you would have had your depreciation anyway.

Like recommended Id keep all receipts meticulously as I would be suspicious myself of buying a car unless I could see that myself. I wouldn't buy a car worth more than 2/3 k without some or all history as would be a pig to sell. But guessing you will have some history already logged on anyway. I personally cba messing with oil changes and then needing to properly dispose of it. One of the big chains (who I normally wouldn't trust with a barge pole - think national) do a really decent deal re oil changes with decent ll spec oil and you get a fancy receipt for around 50. Obvioulsy id watch them and ignore any advice re urgent 'life saving' work they recommend ( but check it later yourself) .Not much dearer than changing oil by yourself by time you factor the time in.
Appreciate 1
340iGUY15.00