11-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #98
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitramA View Post
OK Frogman, thanks to your help I'm getting further.

After checking that FA still has 6NS in the edited file I go through Shawns instructions.
When I press "code" on the NBT ECU it goes through the update and NBT seems to reboot and I get a message saying its all completed.

Unfortunately when I try my phone I still don't see any bluetooth audio!!

So a couple of questions.
1/ When the update is running I get a box that opens and tracks the progress. I can't copy the contents so I could paste it here. Is it stored as a text file somewhere?
Update: Found it under Logs :-(
2/ When I "code" the NBT ECU do I select the top folder rather than the file above the CAFD?
3/ Are the changes immediate? Some of the other posts seem to say wait a while before changes take effect.

Thanks again.
1. Right, it's in the logs. As long as the final window shows "0" errors, you should be fine.
2. Shawns' instructions indicate that you right click the HU_NBT line, but I think it's also ok to click the CAFD line and select "Code". The NBT is being rebooted, so it sounds like the operation is working.
3. It should be immediate.

Does the Audio option show up on the BT configuration screen?

Have you tried re-pairing the phone?

Now that you are actually VO coding the NBT, have you tried changing 6NS to 6NK (as you originally did) and VO coding that?

I think we've seen that depending on the build date or geography, the NBT needs either 6NK or 6NS to enable enhanced BT.

I'll try to post some pics of the screens I'm talking about later today.
Appreciate 0