View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #42
335xdrive
Rep
Drives: F30 335i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcampa View Post
Hello, I bought used camera width hsd cable and also an used module but without cable or harness...
Can anybody share a pinout of this module... for example, from pin 1 in the module to ground, pin 2 in the module to pin x in the head unit....

I was trying to buy the oem cable but here in spain no way...

Thanks

JP
I made the following note when I installed my camera; sorry for the crappy quality. The camera end is looking into the connector. (The two circles at the top of the camera connector represent small holes in the cable connector, not pins.) The TRSVC end is looking out of the connector. You must hook up the shield from camera to ground as well. (All grounds run through the TRSVC case and then to chassis ground.)

I ended up mounting the TRSVC next to the REM. I found some high-quality surplus shielded military 24-gauge wiring and ran the the CAN and FBAS wiring from the REM compartment to the passenger cmpt. The CAN wires are easily found under the sill cover next to the driver's seat (LHD). Had an old PC that I scavenged for FBAS, power and CAN connectors.

For the TRSVC 10-pin connector, Pin 1 is Ground. Pin 2 is FBAS+ Pin 3 is FBAS- Pin 4 is FBAS Shield. Pin 5 is CAN High. Pin 6 is CAN Low. Pin 7 is +12v. (Pins 8,9,10 not used)

At the head unit, there are two choices depending on whether Basic or High. In connector A-42 (the big one) on the Head Unit: High version is: Pin 21 is FBAS+ Pin 24 is FBAS- Pin 23 is shield. Basic Head Unit *I think* it's 18 FBAS+, 27 FBAS- and 28 FBAS Shield. You can do what i did and run pigtails from both sets to the driver's side footwell area. Then you can put the IP back together and figure out which is the correct set, troubleshoot without tearing the IP apart again, etc.

Last edited by 335xdrive; 10-27-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0