View Single Post
      04-14-2016, 03:06 AM   #5
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminvb View Post
Might want to do a half dozen or so of intervals stopping from high speed all the way down to low speed pretty quickly (but not completely stopping). This will heat up the rotors and clean off any harmful residue that might be stuck on there. Worth a shot. Just gotta find a place where you won't get a ticket for going 70-10-70-10-70-10
Yes.
I bed new brakes all the time and ever time I get a new car or replace the brake parts. Bedding was done within the first 100 miles when I picked up the 340i last September.

Even though it feels like pad material "build up", this only feels this way when it's raining and the rotors and pads are wet.
When it's dry all feels normal.
It really does feel like the calipers are slightly "sticking", or very slow to release, when it's wet.

The brakes on my 340i Msport have a nicer pedal feel and smoother bite than the brakes on my 335i Msport. The 335i Msport came with a higher friction pad that BMW included on the stock brakes for the Msport.

At this point either there is something strange with the pad material when it's wet, or, the hill assist is over active when it's wet outside.
I've also read that when it's wet outside the calipers will engage every so lightly in order to keep the rotor and pad dry for when the brakes are engaged. However, that part shouldn't affect the brakes when starting from a full stop.
I'll have to have the BMW tech take a look, but if it's not wet when they test the brakes, then it'll come back with "no problem found", and that would be a waste of time.
Appreciate 0