View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #3
gdgraph
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

So a lot of times dealers will advertise cars on their website saying it's significantly lower than msrp, but there's lot of caveats. Sometimes they include rebates you may not be eligible for (like a student or military discount, because what are the odds your both), then they may not include the destination delivery fee. Another trick they may use is offering a large rebate/discount but you only get that rebate if you finance through them.

My suggestion is to tell them you don't want to finance through them and negotiate off of that price and make them go as low as you can, and then at the very end tell them you hanged your mind and want to finance through them and then have them apply that discount on top of the low price you already negotiated.

I recently did that with my wife's GTI, I wanted to pay cash the whole time and they told me that I couldn't get it for the price they advertised and that it would be $2k more so I said that's okay, let's just get the best price we can and at the end I told them I'd finance it to get that extra $2k off and then I paid off the loan 3 months after I bought the car.
Appreciate 1