United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
If that was the only issue, I would have been fine. Things only got worse.

They had me come in to see if I could duplicate it. The lot was packed and there was no place to park, so I pulled the loaner into the handicapped space. Go inside, talk to the SA. 10-15 minutes later, I hear that there was a parking ticket on the car. So the police came onto BMW of Bayside's private property, and ticketed one of their loaners. The dealer tells me that its my ticket because I put it there. Needless to say, I was pretty damn pissed. I called the Village of Great Neck court, they tell me that even on Private property, the police are allowed to come on and ticket for handicapped parking and parking in the Fire Zone. Since when? I worked 6 years doing security in parking lots and I've never heard of that. In one of the lots I would move the handicap signs to where I wanted them. Even if they could do that, wouldn't there need to be a complaint first?

Of course, I'll be fighting that, all the way to the mayor if necessary. $280 for a parking ticket? Come on! What happened to the $50 tickets?

And of course, I couldn't duplicate it either.
Holy shit that's annoying. How nice of the cop to go out of his way and onto private property to ticket a car, and what if the Bayside people had parked it there? Wouldn't it just be invalid because its there property and they can do what they want?