Originally Posted by Craven_01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithk21620 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Edit: I wasn't thinking that the projector will flip the light

However if you look at the cutoff you will see a tiny imperfection and I think that is what is causing a lot of the grief with everyone and the cutoff line. I have some time before I will be installing them so I may try to take a file and lightly take that extra notch off and flatten the line out some. Just not sure I want to risk messing up $600 lights.

Original:
So I finally got time to open the box for my Depo lights and I decided to take a look at the infamous cutoff line inside the projector. Isn't the cut off line supposed to be on the top? Mine is installed on the bottom and I am afraid I have some defective units. Anyone else have this issue??
The cutoff shield is supposed to be on the bottom. I agree with you, the little step is what's causing grief. IMO the cutoff shield in USR's Depo headlights is poorly designed. Please post pictures of the cutoff line after you file down the step. Also, Check out this article from The Retrofit Source. You can see how most of the cutoff shields are shaped.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bl...id-projectors/
When I look inside at the cutoff line it isn't clean like it should be. There is an imperfect that I want to file down. The portion above the red line. It should be flat and not have a slight mountain before the step down. Sorry for the crappy picture. I will try and take some better ones when I do it
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Edit: I wasn't thinking that the projector will flip the light

However if you look at the cutoff you will see a tiny imperfection and I think that is what is causing a lot of the grief with everyone and the cutoff line. I have some time before I will be installing them so I may try to take a file and lightly take that extra notch off and flatten the line out some. Just not sure I want to risk messing up $600 lights.

Original:
So I finally got time to open the box for my Depo lights and I decided to take a look at the infamous cutoff line inside the projector. Isn't the cut off line supposed to be on the top? Mine is installed on the bottom and I am afraid I have some defective units. Anyone else have this issue??
The cutoff shield is supposed to be on the bottom. I agree with you, the little step is what's causing grief. IMO the cutoff shield in USR's Depo headlights is poorly designed. Please post pictures of the cutoff line after you file down the step. Also, Check out this article from The Retrofit Source. You can see how most of the cutoff shields are shaped.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bl...id-projectors/
When I look inside at the cutoff line it isn't clean like it should be. There is an imperfect that I want to file down. The portion above the red line. It should be flat and not have a slight mountain before the step down. Sorry for the crappy picture. I will try and take some better ones when I do it
Here's the result of that portion above the red line.
That's exactly what I am talking about. I plan to file that portion off and make the cutoff line look like the top portion of this picture you posted earlier. I figure it's worth a try.
Here's your picture rotated 180 degrees. You can see how the output will look like. The white portion will be the output of the headlight. You can definitely see it's not going to be a clean cutoff line.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0