View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 03:50 AM   #6197
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Roadtop reverse camera connection cause minor issues

I just installed my rear camera for my F30 to my Roadtop MMI. I know this discussion is for the Andream unit but they are basically the same unit. Below is how I connected the camera.
Name:  Roadtop camera connection.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  276.3 KB
Everything works fine except the reverse light will stay on for a while (although dimmer than usual). But occasionally when I open my trunk even when engine is off, the reverse light where I tapped the 12V from has a dim lit also for a short while. This quite annoying. Secondly when ever I start my car or press the start button to on, the car will register a reverse light failure. But all's well when I start moving reversing or going forward.

I suspect the red wire that comes with the video cable that I connected one end to the Roadtop reverse cam 12V out and the other to the reverse light 12V is causing this issue. I am not sure if this is how I should connect it but by not connecting both ends, the camera will work for a short while and off itself. While connecting just one end to either the 12V reverse light or the Roadtop Reverse cam 12V out will also cause the camera to turn on for a short while before switching off.

No idea what is causing the issue. Will write to Roadtop to seek their advice but was wondering if anyone here came across similar issue and how did you resolve this. Thanks.
Appreciate 0