duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92miami View Post
Okay here is a list of things I know will not be in the production model but I wish would:
1. Rear view mirrors
2. Door handles
3. Low riding height/wheel gap
4. Wheels
5. The silver flares in the front and rear bumpers

Thinks I hope they remove but I bet will not.
1. Pep-boys side vents
2. Wicker cup holders and seats, this I think they did just for fun, they will not offer this. Thankfully!

Once they have this car sitting 1.5 inches higher, 18" wheels, the regular mirrors, door handles and the regular boring bumpers, it will look like a A5 with cooler lights. I hope I'm wrong because I love the concept but their history is on my side.
#1 and #2 I agree with. #5 I would actually be just as happy with a more M-sport looking bumper (I wouldn't call the M-sport kit boring).

As for #3 and #4 > isn't that what we all love to do - mod! Those will be easy to remedy -- just grab some 19 or 20" wheels, get some spacers and that will put the wheel gap right back at where it is in this concept. If not, then a slight drop is all you need but I am usually pretty happy with the wheel gap with BMW's sport packages.

If you go for barebones 428 or 430 or whatever it ends up being then I'm sure your comments will ring true but I don't think the concept is ever meant to represent the bottom of the line model. In fact, the concept still has silver trim, silver kidneys etc -- once you get those in gloss black, add a lip spoiler etc this will start to look even better! Very excited for this one.

Also I don't get why everyone loves bringing up the A5 here. The silhouette is very similar but the lights etc look nothing like an A5.
Appreciate 0