View Single Post
      02-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #8
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I don't agree, in Europe we generally get summer tyres as standard. It has been well documented that the S001's are the worst summer tyre to come on a 3 series. Low grip and hard as anything. Very poor ride.
If you want to stay run flat, Pirelli p zero and Goodyear are the better ones.

I run Michelin Pilot super sports (non run flat)....massive improvement over s001. Massive!!!
I can't get my tires to break free unless i'm deliberately driving like an idiot, which is what I want in a summer tire. I haven't tried other tires on the BMW, but on other cars i have including Hankook Ventus V12 and Continental DW. A difference in ride comfort and performance in wet/rain was somewhat noticeable, but dry grip and performance was not. The S001s also perform great in the rain, as I'm sure you're aware with the weather over there. I'm very satisfied with them.

Plus Bridgestone is a really good tire brand so it's not like it's a chinese tire company or something. Their RE71R is the 200tw king. Just a few more reasons why I'm not as eager as most to swap to new tires. They meet my performance needs and don't make me question their integrity. I can always count on them to hold when I want to and let loose when I want to.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
Aberle74.00