View Single Post
      07-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #486
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzeReiter
Hey guys, new member here! Happy to meet you all. I wanted to make a thread about it but its probably not allowed yet because i'm new. So i wanted to ask about the carbon brakes. I'm about to buy a 428i and i was wondering whether i should get them. I dont intend to take the car for track days or whatever but damn it i kind of want to have them. Are they worth it? Will they somewhat pay for themselves with less maintance and more durability? How's their feel when you brake?

Also, 18 or 19"? I like the look of the 19 ones but i'm worried about ride quality and bumps.
Carbon Ceramic brakes for a 428i? Ahh, no dude.

Carbons are for track use and can be a horrible experience on streets. The stock brakes on an M Sport are already very good, but if you feel the need for more, the M Sport brakes are more than enough to slow the 428i.

If you want to go farther, there are other Brembo performance options for around $2400 that include bigger rotors and all the fixings.

$8K for carbons on a non ///M is just bad money. If you want the gold caliper clamps, just get them powder coated.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 1