07-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #1
goldenadam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Garage List
2016 435i - P10F3 code after cleaning MAF and installing BMS instake

Hi all -

Looking for help for a frustrating problem...

I've been running the following for months with no issue:
- CSF Intercooler
- Bootmod3 Stage 1

Car was running fine.

I went to install the BMS intake, and first cleaned the MAF sensor during the install (sprayed some generous squirts of MAF cleaner). Installed the intake, got clamps and everything tightened, and MAF sensor installed and plugged in - the car now throws a P10F3 code from my scanner:

P10F3 - Charge Air Pressure in Comparison To Barometric Pressure Too Low

And the dash/iDrive report a Drivetrain malfunction and puts me in limp mode - car hesitates, can't rev above 2k, and almost stalls.

Doing some googling here's some causes of this code:
- Faulty Boost-Pressure Sensor
- Boost-Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Boost-Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Digital Motor Electronics (DME)

So, like any good troubleshooter, I reversed the last changes I did to the car... removed the BMS intake and put the stock M performance intake box back on. Everything buttoned up - same issue .

I then reflashed back to the stock tune in Bootmod3 - still I get the same issues and code .

Do the above causes seem plausible? Is it possible I killed the MAF sensor after cleaning and not letting it properly dry before reinstalling? I probably waited 5-10 minutes from cleaning to reinstalling everything. I havent found much information on this code, and a bad MAF sensor being related... but only thing I think I could have screwed up with this intake install.

What are some troubleshooting steps to try or suggestions? Thanks for the help...
Appreciate 0