View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #162
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

I've decided I don't like any of you at all. There's no reason to justify your behavior. If you feel like you have to defend yourself, you clearly care what other people think.

That said, the logic that debadging a car could somehow be used as an elitist ploy to convince the unassuming of money you don't have just doesn't hold up. I don't care about how much any of you make. I only care about how much money I make and what it can afford me.

And by the way, if enjoying a purchase I've made includes seeing people look at my shiny new car, then that's my prerogative. It doesn't mean I'm flashy. It means I'm glad other people agree with my purchase. It's not required, but boy does it feel nice.

I also want to point out that there's nothing wrong with being an elitist. If you can afford to flaunt your wealth and such behavior doesn't compromise your relationships with those who are important to you, then I support you. Your life worked out better than most. But if you start lording your wealth over others as if it makes you better than them, you probably suck and I don't like you at all.

So the difference between me, an elitist, and a status-driven person? My elitism runs deep in the bones of my high horse. And if you were wondering, yes, I bought that high horse because I liked its coat.
Appreciate 0