View Single Post
      09-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_B5X View Post
JB4 isn't detectable. Also voiding your warranty is really just a matter of how mod friendly your dealership is.

I worked at my local dealership for awhile and we used to have FBO cars come in with JB4's, MHD, Bootmod3, etc and we wouldn't void the warranty unless something happened that was obviously a result of a tune.

Edit: I guess if you are really concerned about the warranty, you can go with Dinan parts and tunes. If i'm not mistaken Dinan doesn't void warranties and you can even get it directly from BMW Dealerships that are authorized to sell Dinan products.
So what you're really saying is that it is detectable. Like every other piggyback and flash tune in existence.

It's not that it's not detectable, it's that the techs aren't looking for that stuff when doing an oil change or brake fluid flush. They have no reason to. That's a big disclaimer/caveat.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0