United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSeabass View Post
Okay, exchanged emails with RoadTop, and the instructions had the wrong DIP switch setting. Only turning 3 and 4 on got the screen to work.

Now, there's no audio with Android Auto. Yes, I unpaired/deleted the phone from iDrive. Yes, AUX is set as the audio device in iDrive. Yes, Android Auto pairs wirelessly just fine to my Pixel 3a. All I end up getting is the radio showing up at random because the iDrive apparently still navigates the CIC in the background. Google/YT music apps are appearing on the Auto screen, and it is showing the music as playing both on the screen and on the phone... but no sound.

Starting to lose my patience with all this.

Wireless AA is currently fucked because it requires too muich bandwidth and these machines have a hard time cutting it. Theres also patches rolling out from google because AA is fucked up after a recent patch run. If you have no sound in AA its either you didnt move over teh fiber optic to the new harness or settings in phone of some sort. You do not need to plug in the AUX cable because its an inline splice. and yes the aux in is shit quality because of that.
Your unit may be defective if this is the case.

For about $100 more you can get and android headunit that does all of this just as well and you add touch screen capabilities, its baller and worth it for anyone with out it. Get a 10.25" and enjoy the new hotness.
Appreciate 0