View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #10
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

Yeah a meth kit is next on my list as well. Pretty much decided on the AEM 30-3300 and adding the injection filter and high flow solenoid so I'm not limited on where I can mount the tank and pump. Will probably pull the trigger when I hit 75k on the ODO (I'm at 73k now). I get to justify it by telling myself the meth kit is about the same cost as a walnut blast...LOL.

And yes you should definitely run an ethanol mix if you have good E85 around you and a tune to support it. I've been running the bm3 E30 tune and it's fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Not planning on any E85 blending right now, though I know I could and keep getting told I should. *laugh*

I will give this change a little bit to bake in, then will pull dynos for review from Active, to tweak the existing tune. The next two (and probably last performance) things on the radar is a methanol kit (sooner) and big turbo (later).

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids