View Single Post
      06-16-2020, 03:46 PM   #59
SnailN20
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i N20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoranseN20 View Post
Hey bmw experts! How are you all down ? So just by the title you have guessed that i have a 328i f30 N20. I was looking into tuning at eurocharged.ca ( i live in canada). And they said that because N20 engines are not tuner friendly and experienced a lot of engine problems. My questions are as follow (lol sorry):

1) i heard bootmode3 is an amazing tuning that you can get burbles with a stock car.

N20 (low-compression 28i)
Stage 1 91 octane: 16%HP / 20%TQ
Stage 1 93 octane: 18%HP / 22%TQ
Stage 2 91 octane: 20%HP / 24%TQ
Stage 2 93 octane: 22%HP / 25%TQ
Stage 1 E30 octane: 21%HP / 24%TQ
Stage 2 E30 octane: 25%HP / 27%TQ

These are the numbers i saw for the N20 engine 328i. Mine is the 2015 bmw which i believe its a EWG. Based on the numbers shown i should be having an output of 285hp after stage 1 on a stock car with 93 octane. Is that true? I heard people pushing close to 292hp with a stock car.

2) will my warranty be voided if i install the tune ?

3) unlike the eurocharged tune, is the bootmod3 tune safe? Has anyone used it for a long period of time?

4)and lastly what would i need to add to my car to be able to get the stage 2 93 octane tune?

Thank you all for your help!!
Hopefully I can clear up some of your questions,

- any type of tune will technically "void" you warranty as your putting extra pressure on your engine. In the states tho, the dealership needs to prove that the issue was caused from the tune to void it, not sure about Canada

-BM3 is one of the safest tunes out there with a lot of support, and is what most peeps on here are running (personally waiting on my warranty to finish to flash, but I did a good amount of research)

- for stage II its recommended to upgrade intercooler, downpipe, charge pipe, and turbo inlet (personally will upgrade charge pipe on stage I)

most my research was on the 320 but they are practically the same engine other than the pistons and lower compression rate on the 328. Maybe someone with actual experience can help you out with the details

*edit: definitely not a BMW expert lol just some info I gained from the forums
Appreciate 0