Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsj111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
maybe an actual case may convince you.............

https://www.propertyinvestmentprojec...landlord-laws/
Quote:
the landlord was charged under Section 33(1)(g) for failing to comply with an Improvement Notice the HSE had earlier served on the landlord, requiring gas safety checks to be carried out. He was also charged with three breaches of Section 33(1)(c), regarding failing to maintain gas appliances, failing to carry out annual safety checks and failing to remove gas appliances from a room used for sleeping
Yes after HSE served an improvement notice and landlord not complying.

we could go back and forth on this all day. I'm not here to pull random articles from the internet to try and prove a point.

I'm here to advise/help OP so that he doesn't get taken advantage of by his former landlord.
Guys, I think the waters are being muddied with this discussion.
In court on the carpet matter, a judge is not going to change his decision on whether a gas certificate is present or not. They don't like a tit for tat style arguments, they simply aren't relevant to each other. Unless of course the OP was so enraged that a gas check wasn't performed on time and as a result has moved out due to this. Which I doubt was the case. In other words if the OP allowed the gas cert to slip without complaint, he was complicit in there not being one in a way. At best the judge will remind the landlord of his duties going forward.
Appreciate 0