Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloxxi View Post
I have a model 2014, but built in South Africa in December/2013. I t is the small display and no navigation.
I'm very curious how this history ended.
Maybe the person starting this thread gave up on this mod.
I did not give up on the mod quite yet. I am still in the process of researching and figuring out what the heck to do, here is what I learned, all the f30 screens i have seen, 6.5 and 8.8in have a 6 pin input. they dont have the conventional cic 4 pin lvds input. I have been in contact with the carlinkit and carplay box manufacturers, but due to the current pandemic trying to get anything or any support has been harder than usual. on the e90 bmw with cic, the screen had a simple 4 pin lvds in which made sense since the carlinkit cic box also has a 4 pin lvds patch cable. then issues lies here, on cic high, my car's headunit runs cic software. uses cic combox and telematics. and it even uses the kcan1 cic controler, and the lvds on the headunit has a cic 4 pin out with an additional 2 pin out meanwhile on nbt there is a single 6 pin out on the headunit and a 4 pin in on the monitor. so in theory the cic box i currently have should work with my car, but no. it leaves me on no signal, although idrive has no issues passing through the screen, meaning that the carplay box is having issues displaying its own system but no issues just passing through idrive. So in theory an nbt carplay box should work with the car as I can simply connect the box directly to the monitor and use the 6 pin lvds coming from the headunits cable to the box. the issue is that the nbt box connects to the vehicles quadlock connector, not the idrive controller like my current system, potentialy creating an issue with compatability. that i do not know. I am hoping there is some sort of mod or change i can make to my cic box to work with my car since i don't want to spend an additional 500$ to answer the "if it works" question quite yet. this would be simple if we had a e90 cic system or a newer f30 nbt system, but cic-high is a different beast. I wish i had a definitive answer to give you, but at the moment I am just going to wait until I get my hands on an NBT box, and I don't know how soon that will be.
I'm running into the exactly same issue as you. I ordered the CIC option from Andream/Wakaa but same results. My screen has a 6 pin connect and the unit has a 4 pin and a separate 2 pin connect for power. I was hoping the NBT option would be a solution for us, please keep us posted on your results! Good luck!
Appreciate 0