View Single Post
      07-11-2020, 11:17 PM   #80
Fishie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 32ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Its been working great! I have the surround view one thing I was wondering was the idrive controller working when it switches to the oem idrive and it does.

There is a bit of lag here and there when using the idrive controller in apple carplay but not enough where its annoying (to me at least). I bought this unit mainly because it was on amazon with free return so worst case scenario, i just return it lol.

Audio quality is solid as well. I have integral audio upgrade on my f30. At first, I had an issue with nav announcement (Apple maps, google maps, etc) was too loud but figured out theres a setting for that specifically in the MMI settings.

I had another unit I bought off a member on here that was for CIC and noticed it had an aftermarket mic. The roadtop unit Tees off the factory mic so the car's bluetooth still works. During incoming calls, don't use the steering button, I think it was the phone button but can't remember) to pick up your calls as it will hang up. other than that...its seamless.

I like it enough that I'm planning on buying another one for my f15 x5.

If theres any other question, feel free to ask!
You're in a F30/ 328 2013 correct? I just installed my MMI the other day. I had to use RCA to AUX and I plugged that into the arm rest aux port to get audio. For microphone I had to install a external mic and mount it in the car (which is not ideal).

Other people with my MMI unit don't need the AUX/external mic but I need it because of the CIC/NBT mix in my car (I think that's the reason at least).

How were you able to use the default microphone? Did you do anything specific? The MMI that I have is meant to work with it but it won't, I'm not really sure what else I can try to get it to work with the original mic (I'd rather not connect my phone to idrive via Bluetooth as that screws with a few things)

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0