View Single Post
      01-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #123
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

There’s another thread in the B58 Turbo Engine section about this, I posted up there but am copying here as I believe it might be of interest:

I had this occur about a month ago, 12k ish miles. SA said to add distilled water, as the antifreeze doesn’t evaporate. I then brought it in, pressure tested, NTF. Both reservoirs were low.

What was funny was that the big tank cap,was a huge PITA to get off, I mean tough to unscrew. When I got it back the cap,was very easy to remove, not sure if it was replaced or what, not listed on the invoice.

I just got back from a 2k miles round trip, and it’s time for an oil change, so before I bring it in I’ll check the reservoirs first.

...ok, I just checked them both, the big one was tough to get off again, but when I finally loosened it, there was a burst of air pressure, so the cap/tank unit had some kind of vacuum. Once it came off it was easy to screw back on and remove again....and it was LOW again, just touching the bottom mark. The little one for the turbo was full.

So I’ll pursue this again, shouldn’t be low after a fresh fill with a 2k miles difference.
Appreciate 0