View Single Post
      04-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #79
adoihcj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 320i XDrive

First time BMW owner. Purchased a 2017 320i XDrive 8 Speed Auto with 16K miles in March 2020.

I must say that while I realized the 320i was an entry level BMW, I cannot complain about it. I'm a former 2010 Mazda RX-8 owner, and this car takes me back to when I had that car. It wasn't fast, but my favorite thing was the handling (and the rotary engine of course). The handling in my 320i feels exactly the same.

I totally understand it's under powered, but mine is a daily driver (when we can get back to work of course given COVID-19), and the two days I had it before the stay at home order, it didn't need much effort to pass or keep up with traffic during my commute.

I saw someone in this forum say the rear seats do not fold. Mine has the 40/20/40 split rear seats option. I also have the front power/heated seats and moonroof. The HiFi sound system is quite amazing (if people complain it's not as good as Harmon Kardon, the HK system must be absolutely awesome). In fact, I just realized my front seats have woofers under them (didn't even know it came with that until I saw it mentioned on YouTube).

I was surprised during the test drive the seats were not leather (Sensatec), but I got over that quickly because taking care of my RX-8 and other vehicle's leather seats always drove me nuts. And if someone scratched the leather I could never stop thinking about it, so I don't have to worry about that with the vinyl seats.

My favorite thing about the car is the ambient lighting. I test drove it during the daylight, and on the night drive home, I was completely shocked how nice it looks around the entire interior of the car (I assume this is fairly standard based on all the post-purchase research I've done).

All in all, I'm having a blast with it. It's one of those vehicles which you always look forward to driving, even if you have nowhere to go.
Appreciate 1