05-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #49
MGT81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
The thing to keep in mind is "This is not an E90". It is not going to have the steering you are used to (as if I am telling you anything you don't know). There are couple things that can improve the feel (as stated above from aftermarket) yet it is electronic steering! Trade off is 1. easier when parking vs. 2. the steering feedback we like. That being said, the vehicle steering is very predictable and better than anything else in it's class. One thing of note on the Manual is rev-matching when shifting. At first when I drove (and drove several) I was surprised of it, yet after driving for a couple miles, it started to grow on me quickly as it does provide a much smother downshift IMHO, Less jerky when driving aggressive and this would be greatly appreciated by passengers. By the way, my Son-in-law paid $39K for a 6-Speed certified '17 with 18K miles, Estorial Blue with a $62.5K MSRP 6 weeks ago. Seems to be a premium on the last of the manuals.
Yeah I’ve realized that. I’m going to drive it again tomorrow and try to enjoy it on its own merits, rather than comparing it to my E90. I think it also didn’t help that the first time I drove it, I’d just finished a rather spirited drive to the dealership from across town, so it was hard not to compare them mentally. I didn’t even turn on the radio or mess with any of the options/technology.
Appreciate 0