dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal View Post
Received my OBD module yesterday, downloaded the App today. Everything went smoothly on coding, wish it had a better explanation for some of the choices. I am going to go through and make a list of the ones I am unsure of.

Did have an issue with a warning popping up and a Triangle on the dash now. I changed some of the lighting to active and a warning after coding popped up that I did not have time to take a picture of, but it was along the lines of a Lighting failure, contact your dealer. And now the Triangle on the instrument cluster is there. I did not do any of the expert mode stuff.

I there a way to read the erro codes?

Also, I changed the startup animation on the Center Console display to the "M" and on the cluster to the M Performance. It says "M550D". They didnt have anything 435i specific and I did not choose a 5 series one, so I need to go back and find a better one.
I think you can use the app called BimmerLink by the same developer to read and clear codes, although it appears to only display the codes in German. (I haven't personally used the app.) Or you could try another third-party app like DashCommand or OBD Fusion.

Were you coding with the engine on or off? Do you remember which specific coding changes triggered the lights?
Appreciate 0