View Single Post
      02-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #114
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
this is all interesting talk ... especially since rumors floated around a few months ago about the upcoming MY13 Msport model having a power bump. BMW squashed the rumor in Detroit but i have to admit that would be expected even if they were to introduce a power bump come June.
As I recall, the rumor of a power increase for the MSport sedan were started by one of the larger magazines. It was never really believeable though, not least because the MSport trim will be available accross the lineup (which even includes cars like the 320d and 320i in some markets - but not Canada's 320i), so a power increase didn't make any sense. They aren't going to increase the power on every single engine. And even if the rumor had been limited just to the 335i, it would remain unconvincing since BMW does not traditionally include engine modifications with the MSport package (and yes I know the old E46 330i ZHP offered in the US did have more power than the standard model, but that predates the proper MSport package in the US).

A much more believeable scenario is a future M Performance model with more power.

Quote:
June is the start of production for the new coupe and the sedan Msport and thats just around the corner ... coincidence? not sure but definitely raises the antennas that they may be hiding something
If you mean the F32 coupe (which I assume you do - can't imagine what else you'd have been referring to), then you are jumping the gun. That car won't arrive until next year, probably in the late summer to be specific.

Now, it is true that at that time there will likely be a power increase. But just how they decide to play it remains a mystery. For one thing, I don't see the 328i getting more power or a name change to 330i at this time (though in the future that is a good possibility). So already, they will likely be bucking tradition in that regard. We'll have to wait and see what they do with the 335i.
Appreciate 0