View Single Post
      03-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #105
iwannabimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda6s grand touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbep View Post
Your rambling does not even make any sense. Just because we have an opinion that the M car should stay M we are whiners? Where is the logic there? This would mean that anybody that appreciates a good car and the differences between these cars is a snob. I like that there is a difference. You won't see me call others elitists just because I can't afford an M6 or a Audi R8. I appreciate the difference between these cars. If I would follow most people on this forum I would start adding M6 badges and M5 specific brakes to my M3.
If you read my post again, you will see that nowhere I mention that the whining and complaining is about M cars staying M cars. My post is a response to the whining (particularly by James) that M cars didn't get upgrades (brakes in particular) while new generation F30s gets these upgrades. I personally see nothing wrong with BMW's new strategy to offer M performance upgrades to new generation regular models. As a M model owner you should know (and be confident) that this doesn't make the regular models into Ms. M models are still unique and special because of the way the total package is put together from the factory - engine, suspension, brakes, steering, body parts, LSD.

I've read many times over how M owners say (with confidence) that no matter how much one tunes a regular BMW model, it will never be or become a M. Where is this confidence now? Plus if I'm not mistaken BMW has offered special M editions and packages in the last 2-3 years for the current E9x M3s.

It's just new generation, new strategy - simple as that. As for what aftermarket upgrades, badges, etc. you put on your M3....I couldn't care less....you can put a Mercedes AMG badge for all I care.....it's your choice. But I'm not interested in reading complaints from E9x M3 owners because BMW offers M performance upgrades for F30s. Perhaps they do it because they have something really special to offer with the new F80 M3. Who knows what kind of monster that would be? And they might as well have some planned factory upgrades for it too.
Appreciate 0