Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Apps in motion

I have just had VIM >63kmph enabled on my X3 with idrive 5 and asked the supplier about enabling Apps in motion this was his response

"***** .bin for Video-In-Motion(VIM) unlocks all video based features (CarPlay, Screen Mirroring, USB Video, and DVD) but no Text Messages, Emails nor Connected Drive App Services (e.g. News Weather) to work in Motion. I guess the things you are referring to are via Connected Drive Services. These are controlled via provisioning of car, and for older NBT, this can be manipulated, but for NBT2, the file is digitally signed by BMW AG, so not possible to edit."

I did post on the forum a couple of weeks ago the iOS Spotify app works in motion but not the Android version! The BMW Calendar and Connected Drive Apps also now work when the vehicle is in motion.

I was down in Brisbane over the long weekend and hired a Hyundai i30 that had factory Nav Carplay and Android Auto fitted. Rather annoyed to see Spotify & TuneIn radio apps work with no issue whilst the vehicle was in motion. BMW Australia need to see what all the other manufacturers are legally? enabling on their Australian spec vehicles before they disable these functions

Last edited by Bambazonke; 04-20-2018 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0