Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Thanks Steve sspade for the tip getting that bolt in... beer's on me whenever you're in NYC

Alright guys got it installed. Here's my take on the install and it's a bitch of an install. I did it with the charge pipe installed. If I was installing an aftermarket bit it might give more space to work but with the way the OEM diverter goes back in to the GFB part I don't see it giving anymore space.

- Remove the intake
- Disconnect the plug to the waste gate
- T45 torx bit to remove the two bolts off the waste gate (work the one by the fender first then the one by the engine)
- Swing the waste gate back
- Disconnect the diverter valve
- Remove the three 4mm bolts off the diverter valve, pull the valve back and rotate it out it (do it slowly, take your time)
- Remove the oem valve/spring and the plastic surrounding on the oem diverter
- Put the GFP part with the spring/piston against the turbo housing
- Put one 5mm GFP bolt in the bolt hole closest to the engine into the oem valve

[SIZE="3"]... the tricky part... work the oem diverter into that crevis with the bolt there. I found it a bit easier to have the bolt all the way in and then back it out slowly while getting the oem valve to line up with the GFB part. Keep moving the pieces around and you will eventually get it in and the bolt lined up. Once that is done then you can take the grinded 5mm hex key and tighten up that bolt. Proceed to install the two other bolts and tighten them all. (use a combo of just the hex bit and a five/six inch extension to get to the bolts) Then just install the waste gate, connect all plugs, install intake and you are done[/SIZE]

I did not get any flutter after turning on the car and giving it some light/medium revs in sport/standstill. Tomorrow I will test drive the car.

Great write up. What other mods do you have? Trying to find the correlation with the flutter here.
Im still trying to determine if I have the flutter or not... havent paid much attention although Ive noticed the throttle response is definitely sharper. Happy with the upgrade.
Appreciate 0