03-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #22
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejula340 View Post
Had it installed already as there was a free slot at the shop.

I think the car sits either in front too high, or in the back to low (or both). The low beam became very high and is blinding oncoming vehicles in my garage. The difference / height of the beam is absolutely too high. (i have adaptive led kit). When I start the engine the lights adapt to max height I would say (it is dark in the garage). Is this normal? Do i need to adjust the headlights now, due to car being lower? But I think the car did NOT lower equaly, because if it would then the beams would actually be lower in general (and would require raising), not higher than before, right?

Why is this so? Is it because of a poor job of installment? Or should the 340i sit lower in the back than in the front?

Any thoughts on what can be done? I can't drive much with car like these as the police would notice the low/high beam as it is blinding.

Thank you.
Headlight leveling is due to the ride height sensor. When your car is lowered the lights will aim higher. You need to adjust the headlights lower with the screw on the headlight units, I recommend using a 6mm hex instead of using the phillips (you can use both) since the phillips doesn't grab as well.
Appreciate 0