Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbay89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
I think downpipe should be your first option; personally I'd just go catless since it seems like no CEL is ever guaranteed.. Then I'd go with a valved rear muffler such as Valvetronic; it allows you to be pretty much straight piped when open and then super quiet when closed. I even deleted my resonator and it still sounds pretty damn quiet when closed.
Long time BMW guy. New to the modification scene. Down pipe does seem like a good place to start. Easy install or not so much? Basically I'm looking for a solid air intake and muffler/exhaust combo. Want to have a great exhaust and turbo sound. I won't be doing anything other than that and appearance changes.
You could definitely do it yourself on jack stands on a driveway for sure but if you know anyone with a lift or that can just give you an extra hand it makes it a lot easier. Probably would take 2 hours or so with some experience wrenching; my mechanic (work at a dealership) did it for me in less than an hour. Gonna be a pain to put OEM on every time for emissions test but tbh I'd rather just do that once a year then spend 1200$+ for a downpipe that might eventually throw a code anyway. I decided to not go with an intake as it seems like a lot of people have rough starts that leads back to a poorly designed MAF holder. So I did the MPPK stock air box mod and drilled a couple holes ABOVE the filter for some added noise.
Appreciate 1
nbay8970.00