View Single Post
      06-25-2021, 01:13 PM   #9
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBeemer View Post
As previous posters have said, just revert to the OE tune. Remember your car does not have a coolant gauge. I would have something monitoring and displaying real time coolant, trans, oil, and tire temps. If you get close to the limit on any then ease off and do a cooldown lap or two.

The car should be fine though.

Another thought, if you are still using the OEM intercooler you need to upgrade for track use. Your tune will be more consistent in daily driving situations and your engine will be more protected on track. Air temps coming off the turbo can approach 500F during track duty. This is wayyyyyy too much for the tiny OEM intercooler to dissipate. I recommend something like the VRSF race FMIC. I've used it for years and it has been extremely effective even in 100+ degree temps.

Remember the lower your air temps the lower the cylinder temps will be. Higher ethanol content will also reduce cylinder temps as well. However more than 20% is not recommended without additional supporting mods.
Do you have a suggestion for a device that can monitor coolant, trans, and oil temps?

Tire temps can be monitored via coding and the factory display.

Also, are you concerned that the VRSF race FMIC is so massive that it blocks some airflow going into the radiator?
Appreciate 0