Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB58 View Post
I have a 2021 CPO M340i with 20k miles as of this posting. I purchased the car when it had 12k miles and it's my first ever German car after owning 2 different Japanese cars. And ever since owning this car, it has been a constant headache. From something minor like the speaker rattling to having the whole rear suspension replaced help of 2 BMW field reps (it was at the shop for 2 months for that), and now needing a whole new ZF8 transmission (the list goes on but I'll save that when I get rid of the car). Don't get me wrong, the car has been fun and amazing to drive, but with the amount of issues I've encountered, it kinda ruins the experience.

Back to the transmission concern, I started to notice a weird jolt when accelerating normally that occurred in 4th-5th gear and the car showed no codes or lights on the dash. Brought it to the dealership, the first week they stated nothing was wrong, but the second week when came back with the same issue and they immediately opened a TSARA case. Note my car is bone stock, I've never used launch control (maybe the previous owner did who knows), and I rarely drive it aggressively. A few days later my advisor stated that they tried reprogramming the transmission which didn't work and that my car was approved for a whole new transmission. What ended up being the problem was the transmission had internal component damage causing improper shifts.

The moral of the story is, don't buy a BMW without its factory warranty or any type of warranty. And this will probably be my first and last BMW.
Sorry to hear that. But your problems are not typical for an M340i. Every manufacturer has a few lemons and it sounds like you got one. I wouldn’t sware off BMWs but I would probably trade this one in for a different car.

Remember that Consumer Reports ranks BMW number one in reliability. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2085692