12-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #54
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparker View Post
More octane and more boost, please. I'd like to see where the XDi-35 pump's limits are. It would be nice if it would allow you to max out a PS2 on a high ethanol mix.

I had a FB chat with TTFS concerning the XDI-35 and 60 pump. They stated the XDI-35 is good for 500hp+ while the XDI-60 is good for 700hp+ .

Per our conversation, they stated "...the Xdi 35 is perfect for E35 blend. There truely is no point in adding more E85 than that, the power will be about the same. the Xdi 60 can do full E85 (pointless but it can) like i said no need to go past E30 but you can."

They also stated PS2 is being maxed out with the XDI-35, and OE Engine stock internals have yet to be maxed out, stating "...nobody has made a turbo big enough to really push this motor to break something lol " ..

I personally disagree with that last statement as they don't have R&D data to support this...bottom line, I'll be DEFINITELY following F30_SixSpeed 's footsteps as I believe the XDI-35 is PERFECT for my long term reliability goals.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
Insane435476.50