02-28-2024, 03:30 PM   #11
CoolATIGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 340i 6MT xDrive

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
h&r springs are a somewhat aggressive drop for xdrives and the wear on the axles is almost to be expected. if you do go through with swapping it, i really hope it fixes your issue, but in my very un-professional opinion based on the symptoms you described i find it hard to comprehend this being an axle related issue.

id be very curious to know how your car would react to xdelete or any other method of turning off the transfer case and the front diff, where only the rear is in play. but i understand it may not be as easy to achieve that just for curiousity sake.

The previous owner installed them, but I believe they are the H&R blue Super Sport lowering springs on front and rear; I believe on sport suspension this drops ~1.3" on the front and 0.7" on the rear

I also have wheel spacers from the previous owner

I do recall the day the issue started happening, hitting a rather large pothole (enough that it still sticks in my mind a couple months later), pretty sure with the drivers side front tire. I'm not positive if it was before the issue started happening, but I do know it was the same day, because I had a 10 hour trip cross country trip that day

I have also hit other potholes before, and with the larger wheels and lowering springs, you can feel it when it happens

What symptoms point you away from thinking the axle being the probable issue?
Appreciate 0