AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcftw View Post
I had what seems like the same stutter under heavy acceleration, especially uphill. My car had done it forever. Finally started experiencing a clunk when shifting in reverse and my local mechanic told me my guibo was completely worn out and he alerted me to the recall. Took the car to the dealership for the guibo and had them inspect the transfer case. Splines in the transfer case were so worn that the SA was shocked I was still driving it. (LOL)

Car is currently still at the dealership having the work done so no clue yet if it'll fix the issue, but I bet it will! We were already heavily suspecting tcase being the cause as my mechanic had experienced this in other xDrive cars and it went away upon switching to rwd.
Good to know. I just purchased xDelete and will be testing today to see if the stutter persists.

Update: all of my symptoms seem to have gone away after putting the car in rear wheel drive. Starting to think it's the transfer case

Not sure if I should bring the car to the dealer yet though. Symptoms are pretty mild still and I have a feeling they'd state nothing is wrong.
Appreciate 0