View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Anonymous Henchman #5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i M-sport MT EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
I get better city than advertised in every day driving and slightly better when I go the speed limit on the highway. If I drive more than 75mph, I get a bit under the 33, obviously the faster I go the less I get. 82mph seems to get about 31mpg while 75mph gets 34mpg.

The road I normally drive on long stretches on the hwy is kinda hilly, so one could expect more on a flat road.

I should say my car has the auto and my driving is mostly city. As you can see in my sig, I'm a shade under 27mpg with about 70% city.
Nice work! I think your numbers are on the higher end for most 335s in general. Regardless of the transmission, I think BMWs achieve remarkable fuel efficiency, especially in light of the performance. The fuel efficiency was a leading factor in my choice of a 335 over the S4.

Still, I'm perplexed why the MT numbers are (on average) much better than the BMW estimates.

It's interesting to see the mpg/speed you report. I'll check on the way to work tomorrow, but I suspect my car computer will report less than 31 mpg at 82 mph. Logically, I would think the 8th gear of the auto would give an advantage over the MT's 6th gear at those higher speeds.
Appreciate 0