View Single Post
      03-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #20
Slowplay
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428

I live in Ontario, (GTA specifically) and have gone through the exact debate when I was buying my 428. I was coming from an e90 RWD with winters and loved the way it handled.

A few things you should consider:

Xdrive will cost a little more, and likely have a higher residual/resell value compared to the RWD.

In Ontario, RWD availability was limited when I purchased my 428. Not sure if it's the same, but that might impact your decision if you're not able to wait since there's a disproportionate amount of xdrive equipped cars.

Regardless of RWD or xdrive, I recommend snow tires - this is doubly so if you're using your car as a daily driver. If being able to drive regardless of the weather outside is a priority, then you're safer with xdrive. Not that you CAN'T be just as safe with RWD, but xdrive can give you peace of mind.

If, however, you don't use your car daily/have alternate transport on bad snow days, then RWD will be fine assuming the roads are reasonably cleared.

Obviously this is assuming you're comparing xdrive and RWD, independent of driving style/skills.

In the end, I chose xdrive because it fit my needs.
Appreciate 0