View Single Post
      01-31-2019, 08:02 PM   #24
Palantir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalakazam View Post
Damaged keyfob could be drawing incorrect current under load which will cause incorrect voltage values under load. But 2 of us already put in new batteries and it didn't solve the issue. More like a damaged board on the remote. Strangely it has only fell 1-2 times where as my old Dodge Dart fell every other day and had no issues.

Consider brand/source. A poster above mentioned that a "new" battery might be questionable regarding specs and "freshness".

I am leaning to believe the keyfob is damaged. While it's just a minor annoyance, suggesting a battery swap is not the correct answer. I'll do some more investigation, but so far this mostly happens with comfort access and rarely when unlocking from the button.
It seems that comfort access is way more complicated and depends on many variables where the lock/unlock with the buttons works alot less "selectively". After all, for the comfort access you need proximity where the lock/unlock can be done from a far greater distance.
All of that does not mean that your keyfob is not at fault. Just it seems unlikely to me that it would fail so easily. I accidently washed one of mine, kicked it down the steps, my little son got a hold of it....and its still working. Just saying , before you go the expensive route, you might want to try exact replacement battery - in my case it was Sony.

On a different note, BG as in the country alakazam or am I misreading it?
Appreciate 0