10-30-2019, 01:32 AM   #21
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANTARS View Post
Never thought I'd have to make this post but...

F30 was involved in an accident and the story is even crazier.

TLDR: Car got into an accident, dude tried to book it, chased him, then he booked it on foot, cops came, dude now is going to have a misdemeanor.

If you live in Southern California please be on the look out for this loser.

Going on the 57 S towards Anaheim, I was in my lane. On the right to me there's a semi-truck and on the left to me is an FJ Cruiser. This FJ Cruiser has been driving like a major dickhead, hence why I wasn't behind him in the fast lane. Suddenly this guy swerves into me making contact with the entire driver side of the car and then takes off.

This was my first major accident so I was in shock, but my first reaction was to call 911.

I figure he would pull over, but the FJ Cruiser begins to try to out run me but I eventually catch up to him and force him to take the next exit. By this time, I already have 911 on the line and gave them his license plate number just in case he tries to pull a fast one on me. We pull into an alley way near a liquor store and I park right behind him. He gets out of the car and then BOOKS it on foot.

Mind you I'm still on the line with the 911..

I'm already out of my car trying to chase the guy, but the dispatcher urges me not to pursue him just in case he may be crazy or has a weapon of some sort. CHP and five other police cars show up and are searching for him around the area while some of them are taking my statement.

Eventually they are unable to find him, probably because he was hiding out somewhere. The Officer reassures me that he'll do his very best to catch this guy. There were a lot of video cameras recording from the business around the area, so we're hoping one of them caught him running so we can clearly identify him. The last resort the officer said, is that the officer is going to show up at the address that they were able to pull from the plate.

Damaged done to the F30:

Looks like driver side wheel, fender,mirror, both doors and side skirts.

Holy Sh-t glad you're ok!
Appreciate 1