Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Hmm. I see the problem. I think we are having some misunderstanding of the definition of the "dash". To me, the dash is the part that houses the instrument cluster, HVAC,radio/CD and the glovebox. The instrument cluster is the thing that has the speedometer, odometer and gas level etc.

By this definition, the 7 series LCI is still using the old dash. One clear indicator is the location of the ignition button. The ignition button is located next to the instrument cluster in the old dash. For the new dash, the ignition button is located next to the gear selector.

Yes, the 7 series LCI does have the new instrument cluster.
Live cockpit/dash as BMW has called (both ways) that we are talking about as the updated dash includes both instrument cluster and center screen iDrive on the 7 series LCI, and not just the IC.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0