View Single Post
      11-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
petegangies
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

F32 435i transmission issues

Hi all, I own a very low km(15k) 2015, F32 435i. My auto-transmission (ZF8), however, really lets the car down. The 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd changes aren't smooth, and this is particularly worse when cold, but only improves slightly when warmed up. I've had the adaptations reset to no avail. Every now and then the car will shift smoothly in these changes, which makes it all the more perplexing. I've also had the transmission software updated, which again, made no difference. What else can I do? I highly doubt the transmission oil needs changing with such low kms, unless it is insufficiently filled from factory? (again highly doubt it)... it would seem like some of the programming or way the clucth packs are working in sync. I don't know a lot about this transmission or Bimmers in general, but consider myself fairly mechanically savvy. Aside from "take it back to BMW", does anyone have any suggestions with what might be happening here, or have you experienced this yourself? My brothers 330i and cousins 135i as well as a 140i loan car I drove are smooth as butter and share the same transmission... a 4 series should be at least as smooth IMO. Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by petegangies; 11-07-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 0