GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
The flaw in your logic is assuming it’s a “this v. That” issue. It’s not! It’s an issue that knows no boundaries. Every industry from automotive, to cell phone companies, to lawn care companies, to textile companies have a predatory element to it that has deluded us all and we are ok with because....uh...life is short and we’re gonna die. Give me a break. It’s not about money per se, it’s about freedom. We are all ok with being prisoners of this exploitative social construct. Tell me how an M6 can sell for $160k new but get “damaged” during shipment and only be worth $2500 in scrap metal? Refer to the Canada BMW Lot thread. You have guys trading in M4s that are only 18 months old because they don’t have the latest updates headlights. That’s a sickness. I’m guilty of it. You are too.
I think we are suffering from first world problem. Our basic needs and wants are already met x2 over. Even if were to suffer a financial set back which would cause us to lose our precious BMWs, it wouldn't matter that much. Many people will still have other assets. You may have to "suffer" driving a Toyota for a while or ask grandma to watch the kids, have dandelions on the front lawn -- oh what will the neighbors think.
Appreciate 0