Originally Posted by Nh5651 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328dX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nh5651 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328dX View Post
Insurance or find a place that can touch it up
Do you know Aprox how much touch up would be?
Also how much would BMWFS possibly charge?
And would my premium increase if I claimed ?

Thanks
Maybe it would be best to see if they say anything when you turn it in.
So just check it's very lightly when I touch with fingernail, can feel it a bit more when I use the bottom of my finger, also I have meguiars scratch remover should I try that after washing and waxing the car?
Use the scratch remover it could take out some of the edges. When your fingernail catches that means it's below the clear coat which is more difficult to repair than a scratch on the surface of the clear
Yeah if I could minimize the scratch to 2-3 inches that would be fine as it's normal wear and tear and they don't charge for it then, the scratch starts deep but slowly fades as I go through it
Yeah the scratch remove will remove everything on the surface. I think you will be fine
Okay sounds great thanks, should I wash then wax first, or just wash and then use it?

Thank you
I'd do it before washing. The scratch remove essentially has tiny abrasive material in it that buffs/polishes away the clear. It's also messy and leaves a haze if not completely wiped. I'd do it first then wash.
Ahh I see I just tried didn't really do anything but make it extremely clean lol, I applied it on a microfiber towel rubbed it in and then immediately wiped using another clean microfiber towel
You can try for a longer period of time it won't hurt anything. Just try to blend with surrounding area. If it still doesn't work than the damage is too deep.
Appreciate 0