View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #19
F30Unit
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonelwell View Post
I don't have the 320 but have a RWD 4 series. With all the computers on, kicking the back out is quite hard - you have to be pretty violent with it - even with a larger engine. With a 320 I would expect you to have to really throw it hard over to break grip.
My car has a sport + mode that turns off the ASC without completely disabling all the safety features - that mode allows for a little more twitch on the back end. Of course turning all the safety features off gives you the best chance of stepping the back out - but as another contributer pointed out - now you're really on your own so handle with extreme caution.
Sport + mode allows me just enough slide to break grip a little in a corner and you always have to be waiting for it so you catch the slide with some opposite lock. If it catches you unawares, be prepared to spin. Not something for the public road until you're really familiar with the dynamics of your vehicle.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I know an event that has a place for burnouts or drag strip, good place to go. But thats what I wanted to know really, how hard is it to let the rear out. Interesting knowing the 4 series also needs a kick
Appreciate 0